As many of you know I am a huge advocate for the daily use of probiotics. Probiotics are very important! These little miracle bacteria are the Good Guys that set up shop in our GUT and do thousands of beneficial things to give us great health. We fight a constant silent battle with our toxic environment and these bacteria are our best defense. They protect our brain and enhance our immune response to not only infections, but also protect against autoimmune diseases (Allergies and diabetes; inflammatory bowel disease), obesity, and much much more.
What are Probiotics? Probiotics are made up of good bacteria and/or yeasts that naturally live in your body, such as bacteria from the groups Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
Other benefits of probiotics include:
- Boosts the health of the gut microbiome.
- Restores balance to the microbiome after an illness or treatment (especially will using antibiotics) by replenishing the good bacteria that may have died.
- Helps support the cells that line your gut. This helps to prevent pathogenic organisms(bad bacteria) that have entered your body through the consumption of contaminated food or drink from entering your blood.
- Helps regulate bowel moments and the digestion of food. Whether you or your little one has diarrhea or constipation Probiotics will help. Diarrhea is commonly caused by an overgrowth of bad bacteria and/or a lack of good bacteria. By taking probiotics you restore the balance. Probiotics help constipation by increasing short-chain fatty acid production, which helps stimulate movement through the intestines.
Since great health starts with your gut, you’ll want to keep your microbiome plentiful. Remember you are what you eat. To do this you can ingest probiotics by either taking a supplement each day or by getting them through your food; specifically fermented foods.
Some foods that have naturally occurring probiotics are; Yogurt, Kefir, Sauerkraut, Kombucha, Kimchi, and Pickles.
Some of my go-to probiotic supplements are listed below, these can be purchased through my site with Wellevate. https://wellevate.me/kenneth-
- Klaire Labs Probiotics, Infants 5 Billion CPU
- Ultimate Probiotics, Flora Everyday 15B
- Ultimate Probiotics, FloraMax 50 Billion
- Garden of Life/RAW
Or these specialized probiotics for mood and focus.
- MicroVita Probiotics
These can be purchased through https://www.fenixhealthscience.com/microvita-mood and https://www.fenixhealthscience.com/microvita-focus
You can use the code Akey15 to get 15% off of these.
When choosing a probiotic supplement, the amount of live cultures(CPU) depends on age and whether or not you are sick and/or taking medicine. One billion a day for babies, 5-10 billion for kids, and 20-50 million a day for teens and adults.
-Dr. Kenneth Akey